Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fasting and Discipline

     Why do you fast? Perhaps you are seeking a blessing? Maybe you are fasting for Discipline? Hopefully its not just to lose weight.
     *London based physicist Jay Lakhania says the reason why he and many Hindu culture fast. "How do you I show that I am much more than just an animal? [An] animal will see grass and it will start grazing. A human being says, 'today there's food in front of me. I'm not going to eat it.' I'm showing my true dignity by being more than an animal... Discipline; a necessary discipline. That is what we do. That is how we stand apart of the animal kingdom."

*Sources:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZzvbhc7ww See this video for further references on the myth of "cow worship" in India.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment