Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Can I glorify God through snowboarding?

Click Here or copy and past the following link to see a great video by the Bible Project defining the word "Nephesh" which is often translated into english as "soul".  https://youtu.be/g_igCcWAMAM

The first great commandment is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and living being, meaning all my actions are meant to glorify my God.  

So, can I glorify God snowboarding?  I think so, but it has to be done in a certain manner.  There is a Buddhist saying that says "Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water."  In the same light, I think Christ is not saying "change all your actions", but rather "change the nature of all your actions."  By choosing to do things mindfully, prayerfully, always in remembrance of Christ, we keep this commandment.  What we do sometimes matters less than how we do it; as in those situations are often day-to-day needs, wants, and tasks.  

Do you agree, disagree?  Please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment